A question about a recipe: Shrimp and Pork Dumplings

020dfbe8 334b 4054 8688 b0eb92356ea1  shumai022810

I have a question about the ingredient "ginger" on the recipe "Shrimp and Pork Dumplings" from edamame2003. -- It asks for 1/8 cup ginger, but ginger how? Chopped fine? Diced coarse? Thank you....

asked by AnnaVanLenten over 7 years ago

CarlaCooks

Step 1 of the recipe says to blend the ginger with some other ingredients to make a smooth paste. It therefore probably doesn't matter how you prepare the ginger, depending on the quality of your blender. However, a safe bet is to grate the ginger then add it to the blender, to help make the 'smooth paste'. Good luck, and enjoy the delicious dumplings!

AnnaVanLenten

OK, thank you..

edamame2003

thanks for trying the recipe. first off, 1/8 cup may be too much--1 Tablespoon is probably a better amount. i would just chop that amount, and throw in a blender with everything else.