Use citrus slices. Lime or lemon. Herbs like rosemary or thyme sprigs.

Finish with a crunchy sea salt.
Serve some malt vinegar, or vinegar heated with hot with peppers on the side.

Or you could use this Tomato tequila salsa butter as a finishing sauce.

Yes, I have the best recipe ever for this because what makes it stand out is the sauce. The credit goes to Shirley O Corriher and Foodwise. The changes I made were to drop the shrimp. The fish I use is halibut, but sole works and probably others.. This recipe is serves 4 Here goes:

Saute 2 medium shallots, chopped
1/4 tsp dired thyme
1 bay leaf in 3 tbsp of butter in a large skillet.
Add 3 tbsp all purpose flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for several minuts
Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup dry white win a little at a time.
Place back on burner, whisking constantly and whisk in 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup milk
Simmer stirring constantly until thick.
Add crab into the sauce whisking for about 2 minutes.

Put this over the fish you are using, wrap in parchment paper and bake at 400F for about 8 minutes.

Use aromatic veggies, herbs, and spices. I make this a lot. Super tasty. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Esther Plume

I don't have a specific recipe, but tend to make ribbons of carrot with a veggie slicer, put a piece of salmon on top, then top with julienne slices of ginger and spring onion. A few shakes of soy sauce, maybe a bit of sesame oil... Anything else you fancied... It looks pretty when you open the pack, and the ginger and soy are very aromatic.

You will need a thick fish, and per previous responses salmon is great, but so are black cod or diver scallops. A splash of white wine works if you combine it with leeks. I'm also in agreement with the recommendation for soy, sesame and ginger.

Melissa Clark
Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

If you like spicy, you could add a little sriracha to the fish, just brush it on either thickly or lightly. Capers, sliced garlic, lemon zest, and fresh oregano is another less intense but still tasty option. A pinch of red pepper flakes here would also perk it up!

Esther Plume

Also, at this time of year (it's summer here...) a nice bit of cod, on a bed of cherry toms, some chopped up olives in there, drizzle of good olive oil, a few basil leaves, maybe some black pepper... You could put some pine nuts in too... That, served with some lemony herby cous cous would make me pretty happy right now.

RosePetal

This is a GREAT receipe
4 5oz Fish -COD; SeaBass; or Halibut (your choice)
11/2 C Fresh corn kernels ( about 2 ears ) or canned or frozen
1 pound Tomatoes, Diced (you can used canned)
½ C diced scallions, including light green parts
2 stalks celery with tops, finely diced ( I really like the celery – crunchy)
1 1-inch piece fresh ginger minced ( I don’t like ginger so I didn’t use)
1 serrano chilie, seeded and minced
2 TBL olive oil
Juice of 1 Lime
Kosher salt and cayenne pepper to taste (I used about 3 tsp salt + ½ tsp cayenne)
Mix above and place on each piece of fish bake 400 degree 20 min or till paper is brown

ChefOno

Note: Different parchments brown at different rates and at different temperatures.

mensaque

Green bell pepper,tomato and onion sliced,lots ofolive oil,salt,black pepper,lime juice,black olives-the basics for a portuguese touch.It's my favorite recipe for this tecnique.To stick with the portuguese theme serve it with potatoes and hard boiled eggs.