Blackberries Everywhere!!

Having trouble finding a good blackberry preserves recipe that does not use pectin, anyone have any good ideas???

asked by zoosavagew1 about 7 years ago

nogaga

I made blackberry jam this summer using about 1700 grams of fruit, 1 kilo sugar, juice of one lemon, and half a tsp cardamom powder for every small jar. I removed most of the seeds by straining it.

Esther Plume

I wouldn't have thought it needs the pectin, my mum is the jam maker in the family, i only abble, and she never adds it.... If you're really worried, then put in a couple of chopped up cooking apples to help it set - apples are naturally high in pectin.