A question about a recipe: Ian Knauer's Sticky Balsamic Ribs

I have a question about the ingredient "8 pounds baby back pork ribs" on the recipe "Ian Knauer's Sticky Balsamic Ribs" from Genius Recipes. Can I use Beef ribs?

• Posted by: Hildee
  • August 21, 2011
B9668585 cf03 4f66 ac48 1088e3e560a5  jpzpk3tnalwb6twmefigumdl0qni7pk23dralegplqo
Recipe question for: Ian Knauer's Sticky Balsamic Ribs

Kristen Miglore August 21, 2011

Hi Hildee, I've never tried this with beef ribs before -- I'm not sure now they would take to the high heat cooking method, since they're bigger and not as tender as pork ribs (especially the baby backs that this recipe calls for). I'm afraid they might toughen up.

It might be better to try cooking them longer in the oven at a lower temperature -- say 300 F for about 2 1/2 hours, or until tender (then glaze and grill).

If you have a favorite beef ribs recipe, I would follow that method, but try using these flavors in your marinade and glaze.

Hildee
Hildee August 21, 2011

Hiya Kristen: I have yet to cook beef ribs and have them come out as amazing as in restaurants. Perhaps I need to troll the internet for beef rib recipies and then take your advice for the marinade & glaze. If you hear of anything please lmk.