🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the ingredient "plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour" on the recipe "Peach Tart" from amanda.Sorry to ask but I always weight my ingredients. Would one cup equal 5 onz.? Thank you

asked by Marga about 6 years ago

4421619e f544 4703 9273 6e95dc123a79  black picture small

1 cup of all purpose flour will equal about 5 oz...whenever I have a weight/measurement question like this...I just "google" my question and then pick a "trusted source" as i scroll through the answers online. Cooks' Illustrated is a good source. Or why not just weigh what the recipe says in cups and see for yourself and keep a list for your own files for the future.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I have also seen 1 cup = 5 ounces unsifted flour, and 1 cup = 4 ounces sifted flour