making meringues on a humid day

Against my better judgement, I've been roped into making meringues today. It is very humid. Anyone have any advice on how to get decent results on a humid day?

• Posted by: erinbdm
  • September 10, 2011

SKK September 10, 2011

There was a question asked about meringues a while back and had some great answers http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

My understanding of humidity and meringues is they will need to be baked longer.

Thank you for allowing yourself to be roped in! Some people are in for a treat.

SKK September 10, 2011

One of the answers on the link I sent came from Shuna, the Pastry Chef at Peels Restaurant in NYC and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater. Another helpful answer was from boulangere.

erinbdm
erinbdm September 10, 2011

Thanks! That was some really great info on making meringues! I ended up baking them a lot longer and raising the oven termperature. They're cooling in the oven now. Hopefully they came out well. Otherwise, I have the yolks in the fridge and can whip up some custard!