A question about a recipe: Savory Kugelhopf

28c3eb57 aaa2 42ad bb50 93ffc0ff3084  dscn5653

I'd like to make this in a regular-size kugelhopf mold. Claudia Roden's kugelhopf that I usually make in that pan uses 3 1/3 cups flour and 3 eggs. So I guess just doubling the amounts of your recipe should be fine?

asked by Green Card Gardener almost 7 years ago

Sagegreen

I think it would. Let me know how it works out. Thanks!

hah
hah

Don't double the yeast, but everything else is okay. You might find that it'll take a little longer to rise than a single recipe, but slow rising always gives more flavor to the dough. Doubling the yeast will make the dough taste too much like yeast, which is not what you want.

Don't double the yeast, btw, when doubling any yeast dough recipe. For lots of info on yeast doughs and other baked goods, check out the King Arthur Flour site. The folks there have taken my bread baking from sad to excellent.