🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze

Bc737f4b 3da7 44cf 8aa2 9890e4808afe  122010f 1001

I plan to make this cake for Rosh Hashanah dinner and will have to skip the caramel glaze to keep things kosher. While I could simply dust the cake with icing sugar to make it look more festive, I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a honey glaze that I can drizzle over the cake to keep in line with the apples and honey theme. Many thanks!

asked by saragrad almost 6 years ago

Hope this helps.

Honey Glaze: Boil together 1-1/2 cups honey, 2 T apple juice,1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional) and 1/2 C water. When glaze reaches a thick consistency, remove from heat and drizzle over cake.

Saragrad - I'm sure you've solved this already. but as we're coming around again to RH, I saw your question & here's another solution. this lemon glaze has no dairy, tastes great and looks pretty. Mix 1.5 cups confectioner's sugar with chopped zest & juice from 1-2 lemons, and 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Recipe comes from Bertolli & I suspect a very liquid honey (not one of the thick pasty ones) would substitute well for the sugar.

Fc6a53ec b276 48a4 be9b bc69e85a9c0f  dsc00731

Olive oil in a glaze sounds really good - thanks for this, I will try it out this RH!