A question about a recipe: Three Onion Chowder with Parsleyed Oyster Crackers

9ca172b5 3940 4bd8 bd91 da76a7fb3f87  2017 1206 three oyster chowder 3x2 julia gartland 3892

I have a question about the ingredient "russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 dice" on the recipe "Three Onion Chowder with Parsleyed Oyster Crackers" from thirschfeld.

Should the potato be pre-cooked, or will the diced potato cook in the pot after you add it in? I wasn't sure as it seems like they go in late in the recipe. Should they be a fairly small dice? Thanks!

asked by Jessica Nelson about 7 years ago

wssmom

As the chowder is brought to a boil and then allowed to rest, covered, for 30 minutes, the potatoes in 1/2-inch dice (which is fairly small) go in uncooked.