🔕 🔔

I fear I'm about to commit a brisket faux pas

Inspired by Amanda's Essential NY Times Cookbook, I've set out to cook brisket in sweet & sour sauce for my first Rosh Hashanah. Recipes calls for 6-7 pound first-cut brisket. At my grocery, the largest brisket I could find was 2 pounds at $11.99/lb. Looks beautiful and we are having a small gathering so it should work. Then, shopping at a big box I see brisket at $2.38/lb and the smallest is nearly 10 pounds. Did I accidentally buy a really special cut of brisket at $11.99/lb and would it be very bad karma to prepare it with Coca-Cola as the recipe directs?

asked by kjanoff about 6 years ago

B00ec2bf 040d 4907 bdf8 9bc77a9e767c  blackbottoms 2

I don't think you will create any bad karma with your brisket. Cooking is love and that should say it all. Just take a breath, cook your brisket, and enjoy your company. I am not a fan of big box meats or fish. Especially for a holiday I but the best ingredients I can find. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

I've been eyeing that recipe for a while. Would love to hear how it turns out, if you don't mind sharing.