A question about a recipe: Pistou Bruschetta

F2d713b6 2123 49b5 beb4 2f93b4be3b5f  salmon cakes 012

Hi,
My name is Laura,from Spain, and I have a question about the ingredient "two ice cubes of homemade veggie stock (about 1/3 cup)" on the recipe "Pistou Bruschetta" from whatsjohneating.

I would like to know which ingredient (veggie stock) it is and where I can find it

asked by arjonalaura almost 7 years ago

Veggie stock is vegetable stock. It is commonly homemade. Step 3 in the recipe has a link to the recipe whatsjohneating uses.

You could also find it in a well stocked grocery store if you're in a pinch.

I think this is a case of lost in the translation. Veggie being an American colloquialism. The Spanish terms are verduras or legumbres.

Looking at the recipe, I think that water could be used in place of the stock (broth), because the herbes de provence will provide flavor, olive oil has the fat, and salt can be added if needed.