🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pistou Bruschetta

F2d713b6 2123 49b5 beb4 2f93b4be3b5f  salmon cakes 012

Hi,
My name is Laura,from Spain, and I have a question about the ingredient "two ice cubes of homemade veggie stock (about 1/3 cup)" on the recipe "Pistou Bruschetta" from whatsjohneating.

I would like to know which ingredient (veggie stock) it is and where I can find it

asked by arjonalaura almost 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Veggie stock is vegetable stock. It is commonly homemade. Step 3 in the recipe has a link to the recipe whatsjohneating uses.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

You could also find it in a well stocked grocery store if you're in a pinch.

I think this is a case of lost in the translation. Veggie being an American colloquialism. The Spanish terms are verduras or legumbres.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Looking at the recipe, I think that water could be used in place of the stock (broth), because the herbes de provence will provide flavor, olive oil has the fat, and salt can be added if needed.