A question about a recipe: Pear-Filled Cowboy Coffee Cake

C0866a5c f0c3 4737 b60c 05e085abc4cf  110920 46

my coffee cake is still soupy in the center - should i just continue baking it? it's been in an extra 15 minutes so far.

asked by betsysbites almost 7 years ago

I wonder if your pears aren't just breaking down into mush and that's what's causing the soupiness in the center. If so, you may not be able to rescue it. But I would try baking it an extra 15 minutes and see what happens. Please let us know how it turns out.

betsysbites

i think that might have been the problem. i chopped too many pears for something else and they've been sitting in the fridge for two days getting mushy. i ended up baking it for about 60 minutes instead of 40 and i think it's ok, albeit very moist!