🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sunday Pork Ragu

45340c3f d16d 443e 892d 5c6bfea2cc9d  050311f 409

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Sunday Pork Ragu" from cookinginvictoria.All I have are neck bones- is that ok?

"Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with sides with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack over the foil and place the ribs on the rack. There should be a little space between each rib. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place baking pan in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes (the bigger pieces you may have to turn halfway through) until nicely browned and caramelized. Remove pan from oven and with tongs take each rib off the rack. Place on a paper-towel lined plate to further drain."

asked by cinnamongirl almost 6 years ago

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

That is not only okay, that is perfect! Using just pork neck bones in the sauce will yield a truly sublime, delicious ragu. When I wrote the recipe, I included the option of ribs an an ingredient, just in case people had a difficult time sourcing neck bones. Good luck with the ragu -- hope that you enjoy it!