A question about a recipe: What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery

A0d9297c 5461 4aed a17a bd241e7991d2  2014 1030 stuffiing 012

I have a question about the recipe "What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery" from MrsWheelbarrow. I need to veganize alot of our Thanksgiving this year due to some family members heatlh. I make a rich bread that is vegan that will be great in place of the challah, but do you think olive oil could be successful in place of the butter?

asked by Stephanie G over 6 years ago

I think olive oil would be fine, you could also use Earth Balance, it's a vegan margerine. Would give the flavor of butter (sort of) without the dairy.

ATG117

I'd go with the olive oil as I'm not a fan of margarine and butter substitutes.

Stephanie G

Thanks! I'm not a fan of Earth Balance either! Can't wait to try it.

wssmom

I think you could use some olive oil and some pureed white beans in place of the butter ....

That's a great idea, wssmom!

Stephanie G

I love that! I would never have thought of the beans.