A question about a recipe: What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery

A0d9297c 5461 4aed a17a bd241e7991d2  2014 1030 stuffiing 012

I have a question about the recipe "What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery" from MrsWheelbarrow.
Can this recipe be completely prepped and assembled in the baking dish the day before, then refrigerated and baked the following day?

asked by cheepers about 7 years ago

broccolirose
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

You could prep everything the day before, but you may want to wait and add the stock and melted butter right before baking to prevent it from getting soggy- just in case.

Yes, if you can, I'd wait to mix everything together until just before baking.

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Yes, BroccoliRose and Merrill are exactly right. When I make this, I saute the vegetables the day before and then mix it right before baking.