🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery

A0d9297c 5461 4aed a17a bd241e7991d2  2014 1030 stuffiing 012

I have a question about the recipe "What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery" from MrsWheelbarrow.
Can this recipe be completely prepped and assembled in the baking dish the day before, then refrigerated and baked the following day?

asked by cheepers about 6 years ago

De461e32 fb58 4b86 a0f9 55234ca13ab5  headshot
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

You could prep everything the day before, but you may want to wait and add the stock and melted butter right before baking to prevent it from getting soggy- just in case.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Yes, if you can, I'd wait to mix everything together until just before baking.

B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Yes, BroccoliRose and Merrill are exactly right. When I make this, I saute the vegetables the day before and then mix it right before baking.