🔕 🔔

Yikes - I just re-read the Judy dry-brined turkey recipe - do I have enough time to dry-brine if I start tonight (recipe calls for 3 days)?

asked by jenniebgood over 5 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Here's the answer from Russ Parsons himself (A q&a was referred to by Kristen in a previous question.):
Do I need to do the full 3 1/2 days of brining, or can I shorten it? You can shorten it, though the brining won't be as effective. You'll need to watch the internal temperature more carefully. The final half day of drying is optional as well; if you're pressed for time, just pat the skin thoroughly dry with a paper towel.

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Don't worry, you can start brining tonight and you'll be fine!

Thank you both, DrBabs & Kristy!