🔕 🔔

If I peeled sweet potatoes the day ahead, do I have to store in water or is a ziploc OK?

I always see sweets precubed for cooking anyhow.

asked by Savour almost 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd probably err on the safe side and store them in water, but it kind of depends on what you're making with them. Is it something where a little oxidation would matter, or no?

I agree with Merrill, and go for the water treatment. They don't "purple" quite as badly as white potatoes do, but "purple" they do as they oxidize (they contain less water than white potatoes, so they oxidize more slowly). I'd vote for avoiding last-minute surprises or replacements.

1f61171b 5598 44b7 a0db 80022b156aa6  4009951565 16d666fbc7

I'm making a gratin -- this one: http://food52.com/recipes...

A little oxidization won't hurt, I suppose. I also might leave them uncut but peeled.