Today: Everything's peachy keen over on the Hotline.
Of all the things we'll miss when summer comes to a close, peaches take the cake (or tartlet or crumble). We're eating them in anything and everything. They've overtaken our countertops and fruit bowls and, you know what, we're just fine with it. We might even say: Everything's just peachy.
Over on the Hotline, tinkerbell55 has excess peaches on hand and asks: "What is a good way to use fresh peaches?" Clearly, you up and went peach crazy, too, if your fruitful answers are any evidence. Here are your favorite ways to use peaches:
- "Besides standing over the kitchen sink nibbling one?" Stephanie rhetorically asks.
- Ameulensteen suggests putting peaches in a salad with tomatoes, burrata or mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar.
- Judith Peres macerates peach slices with a bit of sugar and vanilla extract, then serves them with whipped cream.
- HalfPint seconds maceration, but uses a sweet dessert wine like Moscato.
- Scruz grills peaches, which works wonders on the not-so-sweet ones.
- "I would try using peaches in a cold soup like gazpacho," says Jan Weber.
- Peach pie! (We like how you think, Nancy.)
What are your favorite ways to use/eat peaches? Tell us in the comments below!
Photos by James Ransom