Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- Samantha heeded her wine clerk’s advice and discovered the magic of chilling wine in 7 minutes flat.
- Ali came back from Italy with the tools to decode Parmesan.
- Erin took us to some of her favorite spots for Kansas City barbecue.
- We put our heads together to gather some of our go-to kitchen cleaning hacks.
- And learned that beer tastes better in the right glass.
- Sarah introduced our Baking book contributors in celebration of the book's release!
- Leslie found out that power tools and food prep can go hand-in-hand—but please let her know if you figured out how to peel a potato with a drill.
- Illustrator Jason Polan stopped by last week to chronicle an afternoon at Food52.
- Chocolate chip cookies got personal.
- Two words: SOUP DUMPLINGS.
- Lindsey-Jean explained why you should shop for produce while on vacation.
- In case you were wondering what lunchtime looks like at Food52, wonder no more.
- Love to hate or hate to love? Kenzi got real about foods she may or may not be ashamed of enjoying.
- Caroline and Google squashed the internet: #squashgate.
- Last week Ruth Reichl joined us for dinner. It was kind of a big deal. These were our favorite soundbites.
- We revealed the two finalists for our Best Vegan Recipe contest! Cast your vote now!
- Food52 hit the farm: Amanda and Gabriella went to Iowa to meet some farmers (but mostly their pigs).
- Pope Francis came to town and we gave him some pretty stellar recommendations for where to eat.
- Caitlin Pike gave old jars, mugs, and water glasses a new lease on light.
- Beyond smut, we looked into fungus on corn, both good and bad.
- We compiled a handy guide to make sure you never fall into a tourist trap again.
- And Amanda and Merrill showed us how to BLAT.
Photos by Erin McDowell, Phyllis Grant, James Ransom, Hannah Wilken, and Ryan Powell