Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this weekend.
- This week's haiku was brought to you by coffee.
- We shared our most recent test kitchen favorites.
- First-time on turkey duty? Taylor brought together some A+ advice.
- Sarah gave us some good reasons to fight temptation and resist tearing into oven-fresh bread.
- When two became one: pizza + mac and cheese.
- Fondue? We fon-did it.
- Kendra Vaculin made us forget pumpkin pie.
- We heard some of your goofiest, loveliest Thanksgiving traditions.
- We reached out to the community and figured out what to do with that sad tub of leftover miso.
- We announced the FIFTH ANNUAL Food52 Holiday Secret Swap! Will you sign up?
- Cakegirl told us why her mom starts cooking for Thanksgiving in August.
- Speaking of starting early, did you know you can make your pies ahead of time and freeze them? Now you do!
- A-ha! A great mystery from the test kitchen: Cookie spreading. Why?!
- We heard stories from Thanksgivings abroad.
- Ever wonder what the folks at Food52 actually eat on Thanksgiving? We let you in on our own traditions.
- Anne Sage gave us some pro-tips on how to blend form and function by using home decor to ease hosting woes.
- Leslie confirmed that takeout and sparkling wine are a match made in heaven.
- Thank-you bottles of wine and batches of cookies are out... Here are some DIY party gifts that will get you invited 'round more often.
- There was a giant cinnamon roll on the site and it was true love for everyone involved.
- We put together a primer on Thanksgiving potatoes to make sure there are no bumps (or unwanted lumps!) in your holiday spread.
- Kenzi found out that Nigella Lawson does not entertain with a capital E.
- Mrs. Wheelbarrow explained why the Friday after Thanksgiving is her real holiday.