We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Today: Lentils get the spotlight in these easy-to-prepare recipes that celebrate the versatile legume we love so much.
- Is hummus its own food group in your house too? This recipe reimagines lentils as the main ingredient for a killer take. (Dolly and Oatmeal)
- Great on toast, on its own, or amid a bed of greens, this lentil mixture will help you embrace the joys of all things lunch. (101 Cookbooks)
- Lentils and roasted vegetables come together in this simple, but hearty salad (it's a post very worth reading, too!). (Renee Kemps)
- And a winning combination of lentils and Brussels sprouts is amplified by the addition of bacon and hazelnuts in this seasonal recipe. (Happy Yolks)
- Lentils and curry team up in this recipe for a meat-free main dish (Cook Republic)
- This recipe for vegetarian "shepard's pie" makes a great vegetarian alternative to its meaty namesake—and is a smart way to use up the vegetables you have on hand. (What's Cooking Good Looking)
- This recipe is a surprisingly quick way to make a savory lentil soup on any given weeknight. (Tending the Table)
- And braised lentils, mushrooms, and kale are topped with a fried egg in this recipe also suited for a weeknight meal. (Not Without Salt)
How have you been incorporating lentils into your life lately? Let us know in the comments!