If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Sometimes hunger strikes late at night, or if not exactly late per se, then at least a few hours after dinner. (This does not mean that it needs its own silly name, "midnight snack" works perfectly well at any time of the night.)
It's late enough that you just want a little something—whether it be salty or sweet—and you don't want to have to work all that hard to put it together.
- Susan W is training for the Portland Marathon right now (way to go!), so her nighttime snacks are low-carb offerings like homemade beef jerky, smoked trout, and avocado. But once that race is over? “Peanut butter, ghee and honey sandwich on white bread with a small glass of chocolate milk.”
- Pierino says, “When I was going to college in L.A. we would be studying late for exams. We'd break it up with a run to the original Tommy Burger on Rampart for chili cheeseburgers. They had a very distinctive aroma that would spread through the whole dorm."
- Jr0717 reaches for chilled or frozen fruit sprinkled with mint or cinnamon, but her family members have other preferences: “hot homemade chocolate pudding out of the pot at 11:30 P.M., or fresh whipped cream with half a bag of powdered sugar... from the bowl with a spatula, and no other way.”
- Late-night snacks don’t necessarily have to just be food either, PHIL goes for a vodka martini, while Rachel enjoys a small glass of rye whiskey.
- JulieS goes for the best of both worlds with salt and vinegar potato chips with Peppadew Dip and a glass of wine!
Try a few of their favorites:
We want to hear about your favorite late-night snack: Continue the conversation on the Hotline post or tell us in the comments below!