If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Inspired by conversations on the Food52 Hotline, we're sharing tips and tricks that make navigating all of our kitchens easier and more fun.
Today: We're rounding up all the how-tos needed to get your fill of seafood, while the summer lasts.
There's something about eating seafood in the summer that feels so...right. Sure, we can eat it in the winter, hunkered over our bowls, a scarf tied around our neck -- but fresh-caught fish and shellfish beg to be eaten in a bathing suit, with the wind blowing in our faces, the sun blazing a red-gold sunset. While the summer days dwindle, we're arming you with the techniques to eat seafood every day, every night, until those scarves come out again.
• First, clean your shellfish properly.
• While you're at it, peel and devein your shrimp. (Don't buy them like that -- you can do it yourself!)
• Shuck some oysters, and slurp one down as you..
• Cook your lobster -- without fear!
• Finally, sit down, crack those lobsters open, and dig in.
How are you eating seafood this summer? Let us know in the comments!