A question about a recipe: Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach

0793b613 8be0 4842 9c95 d41f66957afa  dsc02606

I have a question about the ingredient "granulated sugar + more for sprinkling on cookies" on the recipe "Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach" from sdebrango.
Can i use Bakers Sugar vs. Granulated Sugar?

asked by PaulieG over 6 years ago

By bakers sugar do you mean powdered sugar? If so no you can't use it but if its superfine sugar that would be an acceptable substitute. After you have rolled the cookies and brushed with the egg wash you sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Powdered sugar would not work. I hope they turn out well! Let me know.

I just looked up bakers sugar and in fact it is superfine, its fine to use that.