A question about a recipe: Monkey (Ginger)Bread

10ab5d4e d390 48a8 a3de 31bb99a2fa04  121410f 432

I have a question about the recipe "Monkey (Ginger)Bread" from arielleclementine.
We live at 7800 feet elevation, do I have to make any adjustments other than adding flour and upping the temp and baking time?

asked by Ritak almost 7 years ago

arielleclementine

Thanks for making my recipe! I hope you like it :) Based on the tips listed on this website http://www.kingarthurflour... I would make the following changes: decrease the amount of yeast from 2 1/4 tsp to 1 3/4 tsp, increase the whole milk to 1 1/4 cups, increase the flour to 3 1/2 cups, increase the oven temp to 375 degrees and check the monkey bread after about 22-25 minutes in the oven. Also, keep an eye on the dough while it's rising, because it's likely to double in size much faster than at lower elevations. Good luck!