What to serve with swordfish steaks?

I am serving them with braised fennel and wanted to serve a grain that would complement these flavors nicely. I have barley, quinoa, millet, couscous, and brown rice. Any ideas of what would go well?

Cannizzo
Cannizzo January 9, 2012

I would go with the couscous cooked in chicken stock finished off with some roasted cherry tomatoes and roasted garlic you could roast the tomatoes and the garlic together on a cookie sheet with olive oil salt and pepper I would leave the tomatoes whole

Julia child
Julia child January 9, 2012

Thanks i didn't even see this answer till after I made dinner and that's what I ended up making that exact thing what a coincidence!

Shalini
Shalini January 9, 2012

Definitely go the savoury route in what you serve them with. I would do quinoa too, or wild or brown rice.
Swordfish could also go nicely with a mango salsa with lime and red onions and cherry tomoatoes, with black beans on the side.

Shalini
Shalini January 9, 2012