Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

help, I need to tone down some chipotle/pineapple sauce, I think it is way too hot for my guests

asked by peach49 almost 5 years ago

Since we don't know what's in it, it is hard to guess what will work. First, I suggest you make another batch without the chipotle, then combine the 2 and adjust taste. Or just start adding in all the other ingredients and adjust taste. If it goes, you can turn it into a sour cream dip/sauce as the fat will coat your tongue and sooth it. Bottom line it that there is no magic way to just remove hot peppers.

here's this cute graphic from a uk newspaper to help:
http://www.dailymail.co...

Dcaf56be 4ef6 4780 84d1 1e354adf4ff9  stringio

Sweet generally helps with heat so maybe you could add more pineapple? Or a teaspoon or 2 of sugar.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.