help, I need to tone down some chipotle/pineapple sauce, I think it is way too hot for my guests

asked by peach49 over 6 years ago

nutcakes

Since we don't know what's in it, it is hard to guess what will work. First, I suggest you make another batch without the chipotle, then combine the 2 and adjust taste. Or just start adding in all the other ingredients and adjust taste. If it goes, you can turn it into a sour cream dip/sauce as the fat will coat your tongue and sooth it. Bottom line it that there is no magic way to just remove hot peppers.

here's this cute graphic from a uk newspaper to help:
http://www.dailymail.co...

Claire Smith

Sweet generally helps with heat so maybe you could add more pineapple? Or a teaspoon or 2 of sugar.