🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Buttercream Icing

9555b039 f026 4227 80ba 86988f0efa25  4324881311 9b22871254 o

Hey, sorry to bother you, but I was just making chocolate cupcakes for school tomorrow, and was wondering whether this would keep well overnight. If so, should I frost the cupcakes and keep them in the fridge overnight, or should I frost them before I go in the morning? Also, can they sit out for a while, or would I have to find a refrigerator? Sorry!

asked by RiseShineBake over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd just frost them the night before and keep them refrigerated.
If you want to go with an egg free recipe (which I would consider due to risk of Salmonella in raw eggs and it being a school thing) try the frosting Ina Garten has for these coconut cupcakes. It's a cream cheese frosting with a little almond extract and it's fabulous on chocolate cupcakes: http://www.foodnetwork...