A question about a recipe: Rhubarb Chutney

77bf1ad1 f275 4cb2 9543 383b6c57d2f7  rhubarb chutney pre cooked

I have a question about the recipe "Rhubarb Chutney" from Marisa. Hi, Marisa, I made your chutney yesterday and it's really delicious. I have a question, though. I tried to get all of the air out of the jars, and it looked like I had. After processing, there are a few tiny bubbles visible. The jars appear to be sealed correctly. Is this something to be concerned about? Thanks for the recipe!

asked by mward over 6 years ago

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Hi there, In my experience, this happens a lot and is not something to be concerned about. As long as you bubble your jars well before putting on the lids and then sealing them, you should be fine. Seal them for the recommended amount of time and check the seals when you're done. if that's all fine, good stuff!

mward

Thanks! Good to know...