🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Corn and Bacon Napa Cabbage Slaw

D7069b66 bc95 4d24 b14a b8c58902c384  corn and bacon salad

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Roasted Corn and Bacon Napa Cabbage Slaw" from Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast. It says:

"In a large mixing bowl, combine corn and cabbage. Pour all the contents from the saute pan with the onions over the corn and cabbage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad until all cabbage is coated in the delicious bacon fat and vinegar. Serve immediately and enjoy with family and friends on a hot summer night!" Just made this; when do you suggest adding the bacon... at the very end?

asked by calendargirl over 5 years ago

959cbed1 6d53 423b a801 4cdce9613645  open uri.13930

I suggest adding the bacon prior to the salt as this ingredient adds its own salty element to the dish.

74379284 64b8 438a 995d b4ca45bd28c8  picture 057

Thanks, chefsusie! Yes, I add it at the very end so the vinegar doesn't soften the crunchy bacon too much!