my daughter has voluntered to make my roasted vegetable medley as a side dish for 100 homeless people using whole string beans brocolli califlower and sliced carrots please advise as to how many bags of each you think she would need ???? thank you

asked by infinitigrl01 about 8 years ago

Wow, that is one amazing girl. Here's how I'd figure it: Vegetables tend to shrink when roasted, so you'll need more per person than the serving size on the package. I think I'd figure 4-6 ounces of vegetables per person, depending on how many side dishes there are. Using that calculation, she'll need 400-600 ounces total, divided among the different vegetables.

infinitigrl01

thank you for your'e answer i'm one of those people, who if one unexpected person comes over i triple things . actually this recipe was invented when my daughter brought home a vegetarian (last minuete guest). vegs are roasted with wegmans basting oil salt & pepper yum i call the basting oil my liquid gold i love it its a staple in my kitchen.