🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Fudgy Chocolate Tart

868fb23c 6d25 4b5a b0eb 7f5b51ae28e0  chocolate tart square

I have a question about the recipe "Fudgy Chocolate Tart" from Deliciously Organic. What is a good substitute for maple syrup in this fudgy chocolate tart?

asked by minibakersupreme almost 5 years ago

5b7755f4 f84e 4738 be55 06b56e9c2553  dsc 0008 002
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I think you could sub agave syrup. It has less depth of flavor than maple but a similar viscosity.

I think unsulphured molasses would be a good substitute for maple syrup. It has a similar depth of flavor and viscosity. What I wouldn't use is corn syrup.

If you can find it, Lyle's Golden Syrup. It's a British favorite.

There's not really a substitute for maple syrup. Molasses is a completely different flavor. I'd either do another dessert or get some of the real stuff.

8a2c197a eaf6 414d 8be8 e1212df9ad42  nasturtiums

Thanks everyone! Since the maple flavor wasn't really the main attraction of the dessert, I subbed agave to keep it vegan and added a little extra vegan sugar to bring up the sweetness a bit. Half Pint, I love Golden Syrup (must be the British in me) but we didn't have access to it at the restaurant where I work.