If I'm making 3 mini pies instead of a large 9-inch pie, do I need to adjust the baking time? Pecan pie for 50-60 minutes at 275.

asked by myzuk over 7 years ago

betteirene

275? Are you sure?

I'd bake at 375 degrees on the bottom rack of the oven and check for doneness after 30 minutes.

Or at least 350.

myzuk

The recipe for the 9 inch pie is solid. It's an America's Test Kitchen recipe I've used before, just never in the smaller size. The crust is blind baked and the filling is pretty hot when it goes into the shell. Thanks!

Savorykitchen

Your time will definitely be shorter - just keep an eye on things starting at 20 min or so. With that temp, I don't think you need to adjust the cooking temperature. In my experience, a smaller pie will take a little more than half the cook time of the larger one.