🔕 🔔

If I'm making 3 mini pies instead of a large 9-inch pie, do I need to adjust the baking time? Pecan pie for 50-60 minutes at 275.

asked by myzuk almost 7 years ago

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

275? Are you sure?

I'd bake at 375 degrees on the bottom rack of the oven and check for doneness after 30 minutes.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Or at least 350.

The recipe for the 9 inch pie is solid. It's an America's Test Kitchen recipe I've used before, just never in the smaller size. The crust is blind baked and the filling is pretty hot when it goes into the shell. Thanks!

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

Your time will definitely be shorter - just keep an eye on things starting at 20 min or so. With that temp, I don't think you need to adjust the cooking temperature. In my experience, a smaller pie will take a little more than half the cook time of the larger one.