🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Moorish Paella

8d2c3232 3ebd 4f05 b05b 753ad71700ab  102610f 227

I have a question about the recipe "Moorish Paella " from NWB. What is Harissa and where can it be found?

asked by tennisnut over 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Harissa is a hot red pepper paste used in North African cooking. You can buy it at most specialty food shops, and at Whole Foods. Or make your own: http://food52.com/recipes...

In addition to Whole Foods you can also find it a Sur La Table. Indeed, if you do a recipe search for "harissa" at Food52 you will find some good recipes.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I've seen Harissa sold in tubes and it comes out as a paste. I frequent a middle eastern restaurant in town that serves "homemade" harissa and it has a looser consistency. I've used a recipe from food52 for harissa and it turned out delicious. I'd suggest you make a homemade version when hot peppers are in season at your local farmers market. They should be in season around June or July.