🔕 🔔

How do i make a cream cheese ball?

asked by XXX-XXX-9626 almost 7 years ago

598d840e 264d 46f0 8411 4ae84e2606af  tally

My favorite cheese ball recipe - we call it crack ball because you cannot stop...
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons garlic & onion jam (stonewall kitchen is best, but any sweet/savory jam would work)
1/2 tsp of pepper
I cup chopped and toasted pecans.

Mix cheeses, jam and pepper. chill slightly and then form into a ball with your hands. Roll in the toasted (but cooled) pecans. Serve with crackers or crostini.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I published this recipe for a cheeseball in the New York Times in 1993 -- Cheeseball with Cumin, Mint, and Pistachios http://nyti.ms/hj9byC