🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Apple and Fennel Soup

9938f2c9 9992 4447 b6f2 4e136bd2a917  y75a0076

I have a question about the recipe "Apple and Fennel Soup" from Beth Kirby | {local milk}. just wondering if she peels the apples!

asked by Margie over 4 years ago

The recipe doesn't specify, but I'd peel them since it's a smooth, creamy soup. You could leave the peels on, but it would take a while to pulverize them when you put everything in the food processor, over-processing the rest of the soup while trying to get the peels to disintegrate
Alternatively, if you leave the peels on, blend the soup in the food processor, then pass it through a food mill or fine strainer so the peels are separated. But that's a lot more work than just peeling the apples in the first place.