🔕 🔔

Kombu in kimchi?

Does Kombu (kelp) go well in kimchi? I have some kombu left over from making miso soup this morning and I was wondering if I chop it up real fine and put it in my kimchi vat (which I'm making after breakfast) would it be okay, or would everything go all slimy?

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

That's an interesting question. It could be worth the experiment. Kimchi after fermentation is kind of slimy anyway. I think it will probably work. There are thousands of versions of kimchi, at least as many styles as Italians have of pasta. Korea, being a peninsula in the Sea of Japan, you have to figure that someone has tried it before.