🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pink Bolognese

4a9f4e0c cc0d 11e5 8d08 3c15c2d2bb38  45 full

I have a question about the recipe "Pink Bolognese" from Veronica. Would this bolognese be a good choice to use in lasagna?

asked by Dona about 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I don't think it would be a bad choice at all. It sort of combines the bechamel and bolognese in this recipe into one: http://food52.com/recipes...

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

Thank you, I really do love that sauce. I made a few changes to suit my taste. I feel comfortable using it in lasagna now.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I think if you want to forgo the traditional bechamel, it should work. But for me, the acidic (tomatoes) and meaty texture of the bolognese, alongside the rich, smooth bechamel, creates a nice contrast within the lasagna's layers that might be more interesting.

I agree that one is hard to beat. But I'll consider this an experiment. As Ina say, how bad could it be?