A question about a recipe: Pink Bolognese

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the recipe "Pink Bolognese" from Veronica. Would this bolognese be a good choice to use in lasagna?

asked by Dona about 5 years ago

I don't think it would be a bad choice at all. It sort of combines the bechamel and bolognese in this recipe into one: http://food52.com/recipes...

Dona

Thank you, I really do love that sauce. I made a few changes to suit my taste. I feel comfortable using it in lasagna now.

I think if you want to forgo the traditional bechamel, it should work. But for me, the acidic (tomatoes) and meaty texture of the bolognese, alongside the rich, smooth bechamel, creates a nice contrast within the lasagna's layers that might be more interesting.

Dona

I agree that one is hard to beat. But I'll consider this an experiment. As Ina say, how bad could it be?