Chocolate cream pie, dough crust and cookie crust?

I am making a chocolate cream pie. I want to blind bake a pie crust, and the when it's close to being finished put an Oreo/cookie and butter layer on the bottom, so that it has a regular and cookie crust. Is this going to mess up the dough, or does it sound feasible? Anything I should keep in mind if I'm going to attempt this?

asked by I almost 5 years ago

An interesting idea. You might want to add the oreo cookie layer on top of the pie crust a few minutes before its done blind baking so that the cookie layer gets a little baked before you layer on the filling. Otherwise, the cookie layer may not get baked at all and just be granules within the custard.