🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Autumn in New England Apple Pie

21e6c5a6 dbad 42ad a86f 98b4cb628afc  img 3576

I have a question about the recipe "Autumn in New England Apple Pie" from MrsWheelbarrow. Will the pie filling mixture keep well for a day or two?

asked by K_Squared almost 4 years ago

4c6ea460 9217 4186 b96b 8efb72cb6e32  twitter avi

Ehhh... The egg yolk is a problem. However, if you keep it very cold and tightly covered (I mean press cling wrap down on the filling itself in the storage container to dispell ALL air) it should keep. I would air on the side of caution though, and of course: when in doubt, throw it out.

6f85b483 fec3 4360 b32b cb06736820ab  twitterprofilepic

Well the egg is only used for the egg wash over the top crust. I haven't assembled the pie yet, just made the filling.