🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Autumn in New England Apple Pie

21e6c5a6 dbad 42ad a86f 98b4cb628afc  img 3576

I have a question about the recipe "Autumn in New England Apple Pie" from MrsWheelbarrow. Will the pie filling mixture keep well for a day or two?

asked by K_Squared over 4 years ago

Michael

Ehhh... The egg yolk is a problem. However, if you keep it very cold and tightly covered (I mean press cling wrap down on the filling itself in the storage container to dispell ALL air) it should keep. I would air on the side of caution though, and of course: when in doubt, throw it out.

K_Squared

Well the egg is only used for the egg wash over the top crust. I haven't assembled the pie yet, just made the filling.