🔕 🔔

Need recipe suggestions for cookies (and cake?) that travel well.

Sending a care package to a friend in Africa. So cookies/cake will need to keep at room temp for at 4-5 days or a week. Also, any suggestions about packaging so cookies get there in one piece?

asked by needfulthings over 3 years ago

48361945 4c0d 4900 a4fb fead7055d98f  stringio

Any cookie that has a good shelf life such as choc . chip, peanut butter, shortbread. For pkg. check with your local UPS store, they have have been helpful to me. Not sure about cake, possibly a dense cake such as a pound cake.

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Biscotti is good, brittle (brittle is suppose to be broken up anyways), homemade candy also make the long haul. http://food52.com/blog...

brownies keep really well and can sometimes count as cake.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Usually bundt cakes or pound cakes tend to be sturdier and keep really well (they keep even better if doused with rum!). I love making icebox cookies for sending to faraway friends--you can vary the flavors to your heart's content, and they stay delicious for a long time.

Thank you , all. I think I'll go with biscotti and shortbread . Safer bet than cakes. Though am on the fence about the brownies wondering if they might taste stale by the time they get there on the 4th day. Thank you for all your answers.

Substituting corn starch for a part of the flour is done to keep the fresh soft texture. I can't remember if it's 1/3 of all the flour taken out and substituted with corn starch but not of equal amounts, about half in VOLUME