🔕 🔔

What types of onions are appropriate for different types of cooking/recipes and how to prepare them?

We all know our favorite onion types based on the dish, but I was wondering if anyone could basically go through the different types of onions and say what they are generally best used in and how they are prepared. I can think of red, yellow, white, sweet/Vidalia, baby/pearl, scallions, shallots, and caramelized and raw. Any help on this is appreciated greatly! Thanks!

asked by Sjcorcor over 3 years ago

This recent Food52 article on onions is a great place to start! https://food52.com/blog...