I'm making a coating for my semi sweet chocolate truffles. Is there any way to sweeten dark chocolate (70%) without making it gritty?

I'm coating them in various candies so it doesn't have to be very sweet, just a little sweeter. would maple syrup be a good choice?

asked by precious Conway almost 4 years ago

Nicole Price
Nicole Price

Nicole is Food52's ad operations associate

Have you tried a double boiler? Melt the chocolate, and then slowly stir in sugar a little bit at a time until it's melted into the chocolate.

precious Conway

I have not. I'll try that!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I would make a tablespoon or two of simple syrup, and add it to the double boiler as you are melting the chocolate.