When I fry doughnuts, the dough is still raw from the inside. What could be the cause?

I preheat the oil at 350 degrees and let the dough proof for the required time. However, when I fry the doughnuts they are still raw from the inside. I can't leave them longer or else they will burn from the outside. Any suggestions?

asked by hashtaglifeofm almost 4 years ago

jilhil

I think your frying temperature is too low - you need 360 to 375 degrees according to what I see on the Internet. Also, if you aren't already doing it check your oil temperature with a thermometer to make sure the oil is hot enough.

Could the dough be too thick?

Kathleen

Put a hole in it! ;) Or, do what my mom always did with the donut--take out the semi doughy center, and fill it with cream.

I'd also recommend unchilled dough, and smaller donuts.