🔕 🔔

apple galette

i have a home made frozen sliced apple pie filling that i would like to turn into a galette. should i roll the galette dough and add the frozen apples or thaw them out partially or completely. what would you advise
i intend to do this for sunday jan 25 dinner dessert!

asked by alienor over 3 years ago

I would thaw the sliced apple pie filling completely before using it in your galette. A lot of moisture will be released if used directly without thawing and that could affect the outcome of the galette.

Patricia

I agree about thawing the apple filling first - I would thaw in a colander so water drains out. I wouldn't squeeze it dry as you don't want to lose too much flavorful juice. I'd use it mostly thawed with a good sprinkling of ground almonds on the bottom to keep the crust from getting too soggy.