Chicken liver pate question

I want to make some chicken liver pate for a dinner party but the only chicken livers I can find in my area are frozen. Has anyone made a good pate from frozen chicken livers? I've only used fresh ones in the past

asked by mt gal almost 3 years ago

Yes. All the time. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. My stores only sell them frozen, too, in 1 pound containers. They are what I use for my Chicken Liver Mousse.

mt gal

Thanks !

Picholine

I make a delicious chicken liver pate fromThe California Cookbook
It has a bit of cream cheese and pinch of curry and even non pate lovers like it. I don't know if I can post it but I will send if you wish.

cookbookchick

Which California Cookbook? I'd like to see the recipe!

Community Editor at Food52

Thanks for sharing the requested recipe Picholine: https://food52.com/recipes...

Picholine

Posted today in recipes.

You'll have to thaw them first, but yes, they're fine. I use frozen livers all the time.

mt gal

Picholine. Please post your pate recipe with the cream cheese and curry. Thanks!

Community Editor at Food52

You can find it here: https://food52.com/recipes...

nancy essig

Hope you are all sourcing organic chicken livers. Conventional, intensively farmed livers are packed with toxicity.

While I agree that livers from organic and even better, pastured chickens are best, livers do not hold onto toxins any more than other cuts of meat. Yes, their job is to filter, but even staunch Paleo physicians, scientists and other experts say that it's not true that the toxins remain.

Picholine

I posted recipe today from the California Cookbook