How long is too long to soak chick peas?

I've been (accidentally) soaking chick peas in water in my fridge for 5 days. I forgot about them. I was planning to make falafel. The water is clear, no foul odor and no sprouts. Can I safely use them?

asked by dazeyduke almost 3 years ago

Sure. Even if they had sprouted. I actually am sprouting some on purpose on my counter after soaking them for 30 hours as I type. Just watch them when you cook them. They may soften much quicker than they normally do.

miss jane

If you don't want to make falafel w them, then make hummus which is best, according to Michael Solomonov, w over cooked chickpeas.