🔕 🔔

Started wet brining a 12.3lb Turkey yesterday night, was that too early?

I started wet brining my 12.3lb with a 1lb kosher salt / 2+ gal water solution. How long can I let it brine w/o becoming to salty/mushy? If it was too early, what's the best option to save it? Take the bird out today, add some water/ice to the brine?

asked by Tatiana Galzy about 2 years ago

84732cc2 b287 43eb 8c2c acb4fcea3d3f  2015 0917 cofield marble shape studs half moon mid bobbi lin 10925

hi tatiana! i think your turkey will be just fine, even if you keep it in the brine. if you like, you could take the turkey out of the brine tonight and let it dry out a bit in the fridge (this will also help give it crispy skin!). here's some more brining info: https://food52.com/blog...

Deb82d16 cecc 4f1f 868a 031700ad2ca0  leslie stephens food copy
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

You could also rinse it off later today if you're worried about it getting too salty!