🔕 🔔

I am spatchcocking a 16 pound turkey. I can either try to fit it in the oven or grill it on a charcoal Weber. Which would work best so it's not dry?

I am putting an orange herb garlic compound butter on the turkey and not brining or dry brining it. I'm not sure if it will fit in my oven so if it can't how should I proceed grilling it??

asked by Sari Kamp over 1 year ago

Dad26e8b 46ff 4279 b2b3 322d9e01298c  547219
Mike Simons

(Not)Recipes developer @ Food52

You can treat your grill just like a large outdoor oven. For large pieces of meat like this you generally want to go with an indirect heating setup. with the lid on. (http://www.weber.com/weber...)

You'll be aiming to pull the turkey when the breast meat reaches ~165 and the thigh meat ~180. If you position the turkey so that the legs face the coals, you should be able to make it so both parts of the turkey hit the desired temps at the same time.