🔕 🔔

If I cook pork ribs for 7 hrs at 180 degrees farenheight will the pork be under cooked.

Convection oven, pork marinated in a cowboy marinade.

asked by Paul over 1 year ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

First keep in mind that no two ovens are calibrated exactly equally. After that the meat should reach and sustain an internal temperature of 145F to kill bacteria. Use an accurate probe thermometer away from the bone to check. Now it's up to you. One mistake people make is to cook pork until it dries out. It's a red meat not a white meat. Color is okay. Tenderness matters.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

In my experience with ribs and meats cooked at slow temperatures, you are at a break point. The meat will be cooked, but there is a chance that it might not be tender enough. It is hard to say upfront because as pierino said, it will depend on the ribs and the oven...